While we provide most of our games as “single room” murder mysteries already – and that’s often where we send someone when they’re looking for a single room scripted game – there are also times when that style of event with acting “in the round” just isn’t appropriate.
Usually this change from a standard single room performance, to a need to adapt one of our multi-room games is led by a requirement for an event for a REALLY large number of people (more than 200). When you have big groups like this – it becomes impractical for cast to mix with the audience, or for the audience to easily see / hear what’s going on within a standard “staged” show.
When this happens – adapting a multi-room murder mystery becomes a practical solution to what might otherwise become a total nightmare!
The reasons for this are:
- The scripts are often “monologues” or at most “duologues” making microphoning up the cast much simpler – as you only need 1 or 2 microphones – something many large venues have access to as standard.
- The cast can’t circulate so you need an event that keeps everyone involved, but isn’t too unweildy to run – which is where the clues within this game come into their own – as instead of using real props – you can simply photograph the crime scene clues and prop clues and provide them to each table in an envelope for them to review keeping them engaged and with something to do at the tables.
- You can “stage” questions – either creating your own, or asking for the tables to write down their questions and then posing them on stage to the cast on mass or individually.
- There is very little overlapping dialogue in the parts (only two of the cast share a duologue) which means that people can rehearse their lines in isolation. This is great for those with very little free time to rehearse!
- The games are rigged for audience participation and so, even though it is acted on stage, guests can still take a very active role in solving the case if they want, or simply enjoy the acting if not.
Buy from us
Here to help
Our UK Office
Red Herring Games Ltd
+44 (0) 1472 348909