A truly great album featuring Billy Cotton and many other memorable bandleaders. Enjoy 22 superb tracks, each one by a different British Dance Orchestra. Great maestros, fine bandleaders and sheer majesty of sound. This evocative collection will get you up and dancing, just like they did in the 1930s. Track 22 Shout For Happiness is featured in the Oscar-winning film The Kings Speech!
“I had a copy of The Great British Dance Bands for Christmas and the quality is just superb, very pleased!” Mr N, Nottingham
- Jack Hylton – Did You Mean It?
- Ambrose – I Guess I’ll Have To Change My Plan
- Henry Hall – Got To Dance My Way To Heaven
- Joe Loss – You Go To My Head
- Brian Lawrance – One In A Million
- Roy Fox – I’ve Got Beginners Luck
- Carroll Gibbons – From The Top Of Your Head
- Louis Levy – The Eyes Of The World Are On You
- Billy Cotton – My Heart Belongs To Daddy
- Jay Wilbur – Just As Long As The World Goes Round And Around
- Nat Gonella – Mister Rhythm Man
- Jack Jackson – You Turned Your Head
- Mantovani – Let’s Fall In Love For The Last Time
- Harry Roy – Temptation Rag
- Geraldo – Walkin’ By The River
- Victor Silvester – Crazy Rhythm
- Jack Payne – Organ Grinder’s Swing
- Mrs Jack Hylton – Plain Mary Jane
- Lew Stone – Stars Fell On Alabama
- Bert Firman – My Pet
- Sid Phillips – Palais de Danse
- Ray Noble Vocal by Al Bowlly – Shout For Happiness
This CD is shipped directly from Past Perfect and will arrive in line with royal mail or airmail guidelines.
Please allow up to 7 days for dispatch – your CDs will arrive directly from the supplier – so if you’ve ordered them as part of a larger order, please expect them to arrive seperately. Contact us if your order has not arrived within two weeks in the UK or 28 days if ordering from overseas. Past Perfect are brilliant dispatchers, and would be keen to ensure your order is dealt with properly.