If you are looking for a unique party, or a murder mystery event that is totally different and personal to you or your particular guests then you have come to the right place.
We are one of very few murder mystery firms who regularly write murder mystery games to order and who can write to a variety of formats and designs.
Over the last 10 years we have designed murder mystery games from the ground up, including many different formats of play, and we have continue to redefine and refresh, and break new boundaries on what murder mysteries can do and how they can “play out”.
We have written unique murder mystery experiences for promotional firms, conferences, team building, corporate events, and lots and lots of private parties.
When it comes to what we do. It’s very hard to define. And it’s much more important to ask “What do you want?”
Game designing is very different to writing books, or screenplays or indeed any other type of event management. With a murder mystery game you need to keep the audience progressing from a particular starting point to a definite finish, and roughly keep them in the same place at key points to enable the story to progress naturally, and so that they finish all at same time. You also need to impart all the key pieces of information to enable the “puzzle” or plot to be solved.
What works for one private party might not work for a corporate event. What works for one promotional application might not work for a team building firm.
This is why we have to quote on a case by case basis for each individual request.
Some requests fall neatly into “We’ve done something similar before” category – which require less thinking time. Once we’ve created a system of play once, then that framework is in place and we just need to write a new story to that framework.
Sometimes the event falls into “yes we can do it… but we aren’t sure how yet” category – these are always achievable, but they need much more thinking and planning time before we can get on with the writing.
Obviously when we structure quotes we also need to know how the game is going to be used. Is it a private party experience, or is it an event that will reach thousands. Sometimes there’s a commercial license to be considered as there is a transfer of intellectual property to consider.
Sometimes you might fall lucky – and not only have we done something similar before, but with a few minor tweaks we can personalize what we did before to make it bespoke to you – and the cost to do so will be very very small, as it’s only going to take a couple of hours work.
All of these considerations make it very hard to give any ball park prices when it comes to designing personalized and custom written murder mystery games.
With all the above in mind – if you do want a price there are a few basics we need to know before we can quote.
1. Number of suspects required
2. Number of total guests (sometimes this is different)
3. How will you play the game (e.g. at a dinner party, at a mix and mingle social, at a promotional event with “drop in and out” guests, as a theatre production where everyone just watches, over a 2 day conference with sleuths taking their own time to discover things.)
4. What media do you want to use? Just the guests and paper, or do you want video, computer programming or other delivery options.
5. Is it purely for personal / family use? Or is it for a commercial event and do you want single use, multiple use or resale rights?
6. How do you want the game delivered (as an event / finished DIY kit product / part complete)
7. When do you want it delivered – and if in two parts – what those parts are (sometimes it’s invites first, then final game.)
8. Criteria – what do you want including (e.g. personal facts) – and what do you definitely NOT want including (e.g. risqué content / references to terminal illnesses)
9. How involved do you want to be in the process… and how much do you want to know about the plot. E.g. do you want full veto, and to understand the full concept before delivery or are you happy with us to design and deliver to your initial specifications?
10. Are you are doing all the other aspects of event management or do you want us to do things like source venue / catering etc? Who do we need to talk to about your event if you have another event company involved.
In terms of costs – prices do vary considerably – and although no one likes to give a ball park figure when looking for a quote it does help us to know what sort of budget you are limited by as there is no point in us putting together a quote for something we know will cost over £5000 if you only have a maximum budget of £10!
Our prices vary between £15 to perform a simple tweak on a pre-existing game, right through to custom written event productions of over £15,000.
And no – the quality of service we provide doesn’t change if you are a £15 person or a £15,000 person – we give 100% quality service to everyone.
So… if you are looking for a personalized custom written murder mystery – feel free to drop us a line for a free quote. The more information you can provide us in the early stages the sooner we can deliver the quote and the longer you have to decide whether it’s something you want to do.
If you want to call us, we can drill down through what we need to know very quickly and can tell you rough costs before things progress too far – or we will say “Hmm… we need to think about that first” if we need to do some number crunching before we come up with a figure.
We’ve worked with charities, VIPS, massive organizations, top secret projects, and also lots and lots of favorite aunts, grandfathers, birthday parties, weddings, social clubs and friends.
You can trust us, the professional assassins, to provide you with a personalized custom written murder mystery just for you.