The first thing you need to decide is how you are planning to run your event. That will dictate what murder mystery format will suit you best.
- What kind of venue do you have available?
- How many people can you fit into venue?
- Do you want to take part too?
- How many people can you rope in easily as “cast”?
- How much effort do you want to go to?
- Will your cast be willing to rehearse? Or do you need something that can be acted script in hand?
- Do you have access to props? Sound equipment? Staging?
If you wanted to run a mystery without food, most have distinct rounds, so have a think about how you are going to break up those rounds. Will you do team building activities between rounds? Or just drink prosecco…
We’ve broken down the different formats for you so you can quickly spool through. Some have videos which explain how they run to help you decide.